Joe worked for several years in the 1960’s in a plant where he dumped bags of raw asbestos fiber into a large mixer on a daily basis.
He was given no warnings about asbestos hazards nor was he given a mask or respirator.
Forty years later Joe was diagnosed with mesothelioma as a result of this exposure. He was retired and living in another state at the time of his diagnosis.
McDermott-Hickey quickly filed suit on behalf of Joe and his wife Ellen and did a videotaped deposition to preserve Joe’s testimony regarding his exposure.
Joe faded quickly and died of mesothelioma. McDermott Hickey filed for Worker’s Compensation Death benefits on behalf of Ellen.