Even the most highly trained doctors and nurses can make mistakes and these mistakes can have grave consequences.
According to a report by The National Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Medicine, more than 225,000 Americans die each year due to medical negligence. The attorneys at McDermott-Hickey have decades of experience representing victims of medical malpractice.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Negligence can occur during any stage of a patient’s care and treatment. Common areas of Medical Malpractice include:
- Birth Injuries (to mother or child)
- Surgical & Emergency Room Errors
- Doctor / Nurse Errors
- Pharmaceutical / Medication Errors
- Misdiagnosis / Delayed Diagnosis
- Post-Surgical Complications
- Cerebral Palsy
- Elder Abuse / Nursing Home Neglect
- Dehydration, Bedsores, Malnutrition
- Falls, Patient Drops
Bringing a medical malpractice claim is no small matter. Medical providers vigorously defend claims of medical malpractice. You need a law firm with the resources and experience to investigate, prepare and if necessary bring your case to trial.