When You Have Been Harmed By Products Containing Asbestos
Most products containing asbestos have been banned in the United States. However, some products still contain this harmful substance, and exposure to these products can cause diseases, including mesothelioma, years or decades after their use.
From our offices in Rocky River, Avon, Cleveland and Mentor, McDermott & Hickey, LLC, works with clients throughout Ohio who have been exposed to products containing asbestos. We have decades of experience obtaining monetary compensation for victims of asbestos exposure. We have the skills and resources needed to take on large corporations and insurance companies.
Products That May Contain Asbestos
While the law prevents many products from containing asbestos, it can still be found in a variety of products. These include:
- Insulation products such as pipe covering, block and cement
- Gaskets and packing
- Equipment such as boilers, furnaces, ovens, turbines and presses
- Floor tile, ceiling tile, joint compound, plaster and pipes
- Electrical equipment and wiring
- Automotive brakes and clutches
- Plastic molding compounds
- Body talc and baby powder
- Household appliances, including washers and dryers
There is no safe level of exposure to asbestos, and illness may arise 40 years or more after exposure. If you or a loved one has been harmed by exposure to a product containing asbestos, working with an attorney could be the best way to ensure that you have the financial support you need to handle the medical burden of asbestos-related illness.