Representing Victims Of Medical Malpractice In Ohio
Even the most highly trained doctors and nurses can make mistakes and these mistakes can have grave consequences.
According to a report by The National Academy of Sciences’ Institute of Medicine, more than 225,000 Americans die each year due to medical negligence. The attorneys at McDermott & Hickey, LLC, have decades of experience representing victims of medical malpractice.
Types Of Medical Malpractice
Negligence can occur during any stage of a patient’s care and treatment. Common areas of medical malpractice include:
- Birth injuries (to mother or child)
- Surgical & emergency room errors
- Doctor/nurse errors
- Pharmaceutical/medication errors
- Misdiagnosis/delayed diagnosis
- Post-surgical complications
- Cerebral palsy
- Elder abuse/nursing home neglect
- Dehydration, bedsores, malnutrition
- Falls, patient drops
Bringing a medical malpractice claim is no small matter. Medical providers vigorously defend claims of medical malpractice. You need a law firm with the resources and experience to investigate, prepare and if necessary bring your case to trial.